Cuadrilla apply to vary Planning Conditions
Cuadrilla have applied to Lancashire County Council to allow up to nine convoys of HGVs to deliver to their site at Preston New Road over night. This is a variation to Planning Condition 19 which states that these vehicles should only arrive and depart between 7.30am and 6.30pm. This condition was set by the Planning Inspector after a lengthy public inquiry.
The more people who object to this by 14 November the better, preferably in their own words as planners respond better to individual objections than to template objections.
It is important that Lancashire County Councillors reject this change to the conditions because the Planning Inspector set them to protect local residents and Cuadrilla should not be allowed to change them to suit themselves.
The Planning Application reference is LCC/2014/0096NM1 and the details can be found at http://planningregister.lancashire.gov.uk/PlanAppDisp.aspx?recno=7131
Here are some points of objection you can use:
The amendment should not be classed as a non material amendment it is seeking to change a condition that was established as a result of the public inquiry. It will impact on nearby residents.
Challenges on supporting statement
- Protest Activity has decreased since July therefore is there any need for this amendment?
- Number of arrests quoted but these do not necessarily convert to convictions.
- FoI shows that North West Ambulance do not hold data for delays and re-routes
- How many vehicles constitute a convoy? Any number of trucks in the night is not insignificant for local residents trying to sleep.
- Will these convoys be escorted by the police if so this will further impact the amount of traffic on the road and also incur additional costs for policing?
- The document states that the estimated duration of each convoy is 45mins therefore there could be two disturbances (in and out) 45 mins apart.
- EP27, NPPF para 17, NPPF para 123, NPPF para 144, CS5, CS9 and DM2 could all be contravened due to the potential additional night time noise impacts because of the additional traffic.
Challenges to changes to Condition 19
- The new Activity “Any other activity hereby permitted which is not otherwise specified in this table” Should not be allowed, it is far too vague and would in effect grant permission to do anything.
- The removal of the wording “site construction and restoration, including” will allow the activities in the following four bullets to be undertaken in any phase of the operation rather than just site construction and restoration.
- The permitted hours of work should not be allowed to be changed as any convoys during the night potentially will have an impact on the night time noise levels for local residents.
Challenges to changes to TMP
- The new paragraph should not be allowed in the TMP as condition 19 should not be allowed to be changed as per above.
- If Cuadrilla know that one of these out of hours activities is going to take place why would they not inform LCC before it happens rather than after the event?
Please respond by 14th November online or by sending your objection to:
Development Management Group
Lancashire County Council
PO Box 100 County Hall